- U.S. News & World Report: Best Hospitals ranking (2020-21)
- No. 1 hospital in Hampton Roads
- Tied for No. 5 in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Top 25 national ranking in Urology
- Recognized for several high-performing specialty programs including Pulmonology & Lung Surgery and Nephrology
- National Research Corporation Consumer’s Choice award winner for 12 years in a row
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award was introduced in 2000 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, who survived Hodgkin’s disease twice before being diagnosed with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) at the age of 33. Patrick’s family wanted to recognize the care and compassion of Patrick’s nurses during his last weeks of life. The award recognizes extraordinary care by nurses across the nation. Sentara Norfolk General Hospital nurses are nominated by patients, families and colleagues to receive DAISY Awards in recognition of exceptional care. Individual nurses are selected for the award each quarter and a nursing team is honored annually.
Meet Our Recent Group DAISY Award Honorees!
Meet Our Recent Individual DAISY Award Honorees!
“Patty immediately made me feel very comfortable and answered any questions that I had. She is knowledgeable, professional, caring and kind.”
“Ashley was kind, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, helpful and comforting.”
Main Operating Room
“The degree of caring, kindness and patience Ms. Wellington exemplified during her care for him, in my mind, set the standard for how we should all be with our patients.”